Hatching Egg Experience
New for 2016
Following lots of enquiries we will be offering a 2 week hatching egg programme, available from March 2016.
Hatching eggs provides a fantastic educational experience for children to learn and experience a wide range of subjects in science, numeracy and literacy such as; The Life cycle and meaning of life, Caring for animals, measurement of weight, report writing, difference in animals and their needs..
We will provide all you need to successfully hatch chicks and raise them in your classroom.
- Delivery and collection of the eggs, equipment, chicks to your school or Nursery
- 5-8 fertilised pre incubated eggs, 2-3 days from hatching
- An incubator with easy viewing for the children, which regulates the correct temperature
- Brooding cage for the chicks once hatched, which will keep them warm and safe.
- Bedding, food and water container
- Full instructions and advice.
Please contact us now for more information
When the experience is finished we will collect the chicks and either keep them on our farm or rehome them or sell them on to hobby chicken keepers.